If you enjoy using moving maps with flight sims, cyberix over on the Avsim forums has created a great program for Flight that utilizes some of the new features built into the Flight Toolkit.
You can download the latest version from here:
See this post for more info:
If you run into any problems please contact cyberix over on the Avsim forums.
There have been quite a few changes lately. This is the most recent stable release. You may need to manually install the X86 of the VC++ 2015 redist from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145. Make sure you install the X86 version, even if you use a 64 bit OS
Flight Toolkit 1.1.28
– Rebuilt all tools with VS 2015. If you have trouble running please install the x86 VC++ Redist manually: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
– Changed the IPC method between the tools and Flight. This will break cyberix’s Flight Monitor tool. I’ve provided the changes to him earlier so he should have an updated version soon.
– Added support for multiple clients connected via IPC at the same time. You can now have Addon Builder and SimDataEditor connected at the same time (or other tools such as Flight Monitor)
– Added support for entering OPT mode. This requires manually adding a mission to your addon in Addon Builder, and clicking refresh in the content pane, selecting the mission asset in the content pane, and then clicking the blue pencil in the toolbar. This will spawn you in slew mode over Hilo and you will need to use SimDataEditor to move to another location if the mission does not start there. This allows previewing the placement and orientation of mission objects and triggers.
– Added and clarified some variables and units in SimDataEditor
– Fixed switching between aircraft with different numbers of engines and fuel tanks in SimDataEditor
– Updated the default ConversionOptions file
– Fix bug where failed export would just hang at the progress bar.
– Fix bug where ModelConverter would crash if there were no animations
– Change Renderer to make use of async await style
– Add error messages and better error handling to Renderer\Asset Viewer
– Add loading spinners to Asset Viewer
– Updated several middleware libraries
– Update MaterialVariationAsset to take advantage of CustomTypeDefinitions to better show the material map in the PropertyGrid.
– Add support for SoundAsset
– Enable horizontal scroll bar in Addon Buidler asset PropertyGrid
– Add better error messages to installer CustomAction
– Add support for more animation curve types in MSF